What to do with a bunch of 269-469's? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd October 2006, 09:27 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Spasticteapot
Default What to do with a bunch of 269-469's?

Some guy is selling a ton of the famous "1$ Parts Express drivers" in the trading post section...and I just called dibs!

I happen to have access to a CNC wood router, and can pay to have students run it.

I have access this spring to a student sales event where most of the non-student attendees are both used to crappy Bose speakers, and willing to pay a pretty penny for them.

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?

I have near-zero speaker building experience; I just ordered 3 pairs of FR drivers to try my hand at it. However, I've heard that these sound nice with PVC tube enclosures (as seen here):

Pipitone's "Periscopes"

By partially obstructing the tube with a piece of plywood cut at an angle, I might be able to turn it into a semi-proper TQWT.

Audio Lego: partially obstructed pipes

This seems to be the only way to get the drivers down to 110hz or wherabouts. That's just plain too high!

What if a simple crossover could be used to add a woofer? A single woofer for the two FR drivers should be adequate, and would help keep down on the cost.

Any ideas?

Hide this!Advertise here!