What to do with a bunch of 269-469's?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Some guy is selling a ton of the famous "1$ Parts Express drivers" in the trading post section...and I just called dibs!

I happen to have access to a CNC wood router, and can pay to have students run it.

I have access this spring to a student sales event where most of the non-student attendees are both used to crappy Bose speakers, and willing to pay a pretty penny for them.

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?

I have near-zero speaker building experience; I just ordered 3 pairs of FR drivers to try my hand at it. However, I've heard that these sound nice with PVC tube enclosures (as seen here):

Pipitone's "Periscopes"

By partially obstructing the tube with a piece of plywood cut at an angle, I might be able to turn it into a semi-proper TQWT.

Audio Lego: partially obstructed pipes

This seems to be the only way to get the drivers down to 110hz or wherabouts. That's just plain too high!

What if a simple crossover could be used to add a woofer? A single woofer for the two FR drivers should be adequate, and would help keep down on the cost.

Any ideas?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.