Rocky Mountain Audio Fest Workshops

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Peter Smith, Darren Kuzma and I will be putting on a series of six interactive workshops at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) titled "Amplifier and Loudspeaker Listening & Measurement".

RMAF will be held in Denver, CO on October 20, 21, 22. The workshops are as follows:

Amplifier Measurement Clinic

Amplifier Listening Comparison

Loudspeaker Listening Comparison

Loudspeaker Measurement Clinic

The Peak Power Demands of Well-recorded Music

Active Loudspeakers - An Example

Abstracts describing the workshops and the workshop schedule can be found at the site: www.helarc.com

We'll be in Room 573.

If you get to RMAF, please join us for some interesting discussions.

Bob

Thanks for the kind words and your interest.

The Rocky Mountain Audio Fest was a great experience - both the show and the enthusiastic response to our workshops. Peter, Darren and I were thrilled to present the workshops and pleasantly surprized by the constant flow of traffic in our room. Some attendees stayed the whole hour for a wlorkshop, and some came back to the room more than once. Knowing how precious time is for attendees at a show trying to see all of the rooms and listen to all of the systems, we were truly humbled that many attendees chose to allocate so much of their time to the workshops.

I've posted extended summaries of what went on at each of the workshops on my web site at www.cordellaudio.com.

Bob Cordell

No apologies necessary. I am in fact not a Ph.D., just have a Master's from Stanford.

Over the years, many naturally assumed that those of us who worked at Bell Labs had a Ph.D., but that was mostly true for the Research Departments. There were actually many, many with a Masters at BTL, largely as a result of their One Year On Campus program, wherein they hired us with a BS and then sent us as paid employees for a year to go get our Masters Degree on their dime. They sent 52 of us to Stanford alone in 1970. Those were the days!

One sad note. As you may know, Lucent who still "owns" what was once Bell Labs, is merging with Alcatel. Partly in connection with that, Lucent has sold the beautiful Bell Labs Holmdel facility (we used to lovingly call it the Mecca of Telecommunications) with its 500 or so acres to a real estate company. The building is slated to become vacant probably by the end of this year.

The real estate company was unsuccessful in finding a use for the building, so most of, if not all of, that Eero Sarinen designed building will be demolished. This is truly heart-breaking to those of us who were so fortunate as to spend many wonderful years there.

They do plan to leave the three-legged water tower there, which we lovingly referred to as the Great Transistor in the Sky.

Bob

do you know, might any literature might be demolished, with the

structure?

Attachments

• oversized.jpg
    oversized.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 271
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.