Energy 22 Ref Con Restoration

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Energy 22 pro's

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and after reading Mike/Mar's response about his Pro 22's being rear ported I became a little interested as I too always wanted a pair of these amazing speakers. So I just picked up a pair myself and will have the tweeters rebuild by ABI. The question I have is; my Pro's have a front port. Is this possible?

Seeker56

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and after reading Mike/Mar's response about his Pro 22's being rear ported I became a little interested as I too always wanted a pair of these amazing speakers. So I just picked up a pair myself and will have the tweeters rebuild by ABI. The question I have is; my Pro's have a front port. Is this possible?

Seeker56

Your speakers aren't Energy 22 Pro Monitors, they're Energy 22 Reference. There were three distinct lines, the third being the pricier Energy 22 Reference Connoisseur floorstanding speakers.

http://www.energy-speakers.com/images/download/467.aspx

Last edited:
IIRC the 22 ref's were front ported in order to give more speaker placement options in small, odd shaped rooms. the front port isn't so sensitive to rear walls. otherwise i think the speaker is the same as the pro but it could possibly have less BSC in order to be near back walls- not sure about that tho.

david

Energy 22 Tweeter

Hello.

I am interested in finding a replacement tweeter without having to alter the crossover (I know, this is problematic). I have been able to find that it is an 8 ohm tweeter, crossed over at approximately 1500 Hz (3rd order), with a low resonance. What I can't find is the efficiency of the tweeter. I am not able to look at the resistors in the crossover and figure out what the efficiency of the tweeter is before being padded down. Does someone have this information? I did some searches and could not find this. I apologize if it is somewhere and I missed it.

The reasons I am asking about this are: I have 2 tweeters from the Ref Con; and my brother has 1 (possibly 2) from the Pro 22 that do not work. I emailed Chris Coote and he has not replied. I spoke with a gentleman at the Vancouver Audio Speaker Clinic who may, or may not be able to fix them.

In the event they can't be repaired, I would like to locate something as a plausible replacement.

Thanks for any information you have on this.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.