My "Twins" (AR.com aka EFE Kit)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My "Twins" (AR.com aka EFE Kit)

Greetings!
A while ago I began searching for a worthwhile loudspeaker kit to build and came across the AR.com kit. Opinions of this kit differ considerably, but I eventually decided to take the plunge and purchase it.

I live in South Africa and although there is still an avid DIY audio following here, obtaining parts at reasonable prices is a very difficult challenge and this is one of the reasons I opted for a kit instead of pursuing a design from scratch, which would easily overwhelm my restricted budget.

Here are a few thumbnails of the Twins:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Please feel free to visit my site for more details!

I still need to create protective grills and a pair of robust stands for them, so I'll be posting about these when I get around to that ;)

Happy DIY'ing!
V57

Thanx imjatse :)
I think they sound great even though they're a little light on the bass side of things. At the moment each enclosure uses a single side-mounted Deflex panel to take care of internal standing waves etc, but after listening to the Twins after a few days of running-in I've decided that using Deflex isn't enough. This weekend I plan to do a bit of hunting around for suitable damping materials and then experiment with these to find a good compromise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.