Alternate surround repair method

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is a why not quiestion for you.

I have a 10" woofer with a surround is starting to rot. This one has a surround that curves in toward the magnet rather than the more common outie configuration. So since the surround is still good enough to keep the VC centered why couldn't I glue a new surround over the existing one in the outie configuration and then remove the crumbling surround remains from the rear?

mike

The sad thing is that it was never used. I bought it for a project in HS and never even got started on it. It was on sale but the car sub never became enough of a priority. I did hook it to an amp for a few minutes just to be sure that it worked but otherwise... nada. I'm not sure that it had much chance to get dirty as it sat in the box for rwenty years.

The other interesting thing is that a replacement surround will cost more than I originaly paid for the driver.

mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.