3 floorstanders-opinions needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need some input on three projects. I am dead set on Scan Speaks, so the projects I am considering are:
1) Troel's Ekta
2) Troel's Zahra
3) Audiocomponent's Reference+

Musical truth is very important to me, however, these speakers are also going to see some home theater duty. I intend to build two pairs of matching floorstanders. I have an SVS PB12-ISD sub, so low end extension is not at the top of my priority list. These speakers will be powered by a 200wpc B&K ss amp.

Ekta- Are the sliced paper drivers a significant improvement over the old carbon impregnated cones? I like the idea of the 4" midrange covering frequencies that it is more suited to than a 7" driver, but is this going to be at the expense of spl?

Zahra- Never liked aluminum tweeters. I realize that a quality aluminum dome should be as good as a silk dome, but I fear my preconceptions about aluminum may color what I hear from one. Also, how do you feel about poly cones vs paper?

Reference+- This is probably the closest in terms of what I had been looking at in commercial speakers. Again, how do you feel about a 7" handling midrange, vs the 4" in the Ekta? Also, this uses one kevlar 7" and one carbon 7". Won't they have different tonal qualities?

Like everyone, I want my cake and to eat it too. I want a speaker that is detailed yet lush, and vanishes into thin air for music, and one that is also dynamic when the material calls for it. Help me choose the best compromise.
Thanks in advance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.