JBL Project Array 800/1000 clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Obviously copying the box wouldn't be too hard, but you would need to have some skill in fabrication to make those horns. I know some people have used paper mache to make horns, that would be inexpensive. Do you have a link to some more information on them? You could always buy horns and mount them vertically, but I've (in my limited expierience) not yet seen a single piece two driver horn for diy.

Hardest bit would be finding flares that look like the jbl ones.

Something similar in concept but more conventional looking would be acheivable using 'standard' CD flares and compression drivers.

It would probably be harder to find a good direct radiator for the bass / lower mids than the horns / CD's.

xo points are around the 800 / 900Hz mark and 8k I believe.

Good luck!

Rob.

Edit : Personally I reckon it's a waste of time building something with horns and then using a small driver below them. I'd look at the 15" version as a minimum. Anything smaller will be holding back the design imo.

Even using the 15" driver I'd still use a sub below. ymmv etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.