Is ok to sell my

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, i owned 3 AurumCantus G2si 1 year ago, i have it in box, closed, never used it. will be ok to sell it and purchase the G2 ? i will notice any diference?

i like the G2 coz Rated power is 40w vs 30w of the g2si.

I want to use it to build an center channel and the 2 fronts of my HT, was thinking abt an 3 way for front channels and 2 way MTM for central.

You think that will be ok to use this tweeters? or maybe just sell it and prchase any dome one? :D

i want to use an amp for each way. and really want to sell my B&W 602 S3. Is possible to get better sound than my b&w? i really want to upgrade my system for an better one, dont want to spend money and get worst results :)

Originally posted by samsagaz Is possible to get better sound than my b&w?

Yes :)

But it's not as easy as designing a speaker that sounds better than Bose boxes --I personally achieved this lofty goal by installing Pioneer car speakers in Tupperware containers--, however if to you DIY is simply a means to an end you can find high-end kits that will provide superior performance for less than what you paid for your B&W's, consideably less in some instances. Believe it or not B&W, like almost all speaker manufacturers, uses cost-cutting solutions in their designs, especially with regards to crossover parts. But you as a DIY'er are not subjected to those production/marketing constraints, you can opt for a no-compromise approach if so you wish.

samsagaz said:
i really want to upgrade my system for an better one, dont want to spend money and get worst results :)

yes, in DIY you CAN get better sound... IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING !!!
Will will likely NOT get it until you have considerable practice designing building your own.

I would highly recommend you do some research and find a well recognised DIY design that has been accepted as very good.

I would also start with the questions... what am I listening to, how big is the room, what am I driving them with.. a system is a system, not just individual parts.

well the problems is not the tweeter, i can use an g2si in the center and rears.

dont know why use the fountek intead the g2si....

Maybe can use 2 W18 + 1 g2si as center channel and the 1 W18+ 1g2si as rear?

will have enough freq range in center and rear channels?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.