Galtis crossover question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm pretty sure this is the speaker I am going to build. One question, the xover seems to have been altered (look at the tweeter/mid portion of the schematic), and I'm wondering which are the final values. If Stefan is reading this, or if anyone has built this, please toss me a hint. Thanks
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

On another note, since the DX25 and XT25 are practically interchangeable, if any xover whiz out there would have a suggestion on what change to make to utilize a DX25TG, I would really be appreciative.

Jonasz said:
Here you can find an updated version of the Galtis wich is supposed to be considerably better than the original. It uses the SS9700 tweeter and you can find the crossover at the bottom of the page.

Good luck!

http://www.hififorum.nu/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38109&whichpage=2&SearchTerms=galtis

Outstanding! Thank you so much. This project had been eliminated from consideration recently, but this moves it back to the top of my list.
Again, thanks much for the info.

Well, if you compare the mid/tweeter crossover it's completely redesigned. It used to be a series topology, now it's a parallell. The crossover frequency is now 2khz wich suits the 8545 better.

You can tune the mid and tweeter levels to your liking and room by changing the 6 ohm and 1.8 ohm resistor respectively.

Has anyone else noticed that barring the enclosure's 5 degree slant, smaller enclosure, the use of a Scan Speak instead of Seas tweeter, and the low xover point where the tweeter takes over, that the Galtis MkII is awfully close to the holy grail of being a diy Response 3.8?

On top of that, for a multi channel system, the Madisound Solist uses the 9700 and 1845. Xover differences aside, there is already a center out there that uses the same drivers.

When the time comes to build I will start a construction diary thread of my 4x Galtis MkII + Solist center system.

Thanks again to Jonasz for the tip. With the 9700 this is exactly the speaker that I have been looking to build.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.