How should I wire my 1500 watt speakers? - Page 21 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd September 2006, 10:28 PM   #201
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by punkrokr1701
I'm just throwing up
Ya, I can relate.

Are we any closer to a resolution than when we started this thread 200 posts ago?

Where do we go from here? We've gone from 15 to 18 from mono to dual and back again, we've tossed in a midbass or two and still haven't reached nirvana. I think Punkr should go and do some listening to different systems himself. Then he would know what can be expected from the different combos.

My suggestion remains at a dual 15 plus a horn. It has worked for thousands of others, can't see why it wouldn't here.
Old 22nd September 2006, 10:28 PM   #202
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to punkrokr1701 Send a message via MSN to punkrokr1701 Send a message via Yahoo to punkrokr1701
I'm gonna do whatever it takes to make these monsters.

And for reference I am learning to play bass and eventually joun a band but I don't want that to have any in fluence on these speaker because I already have a HUGE bass cab
check it out

http://www.bassonsound.com/b810b.htm

this sucker is a beast and if you don't think soread some of the reviews.

It's like the god of bass amps and at $1000 it's the ultimate speaker.

I've played througgh this and personally it scares the **** out of me, even at half way, thing is I can't afford a 2600 watt amp right now so it is sitting at a friends house.

I've experienced some bass with this monster but I want something more, I can't put my finger on it and that's why I'm making this set of speakers.

I don't want to mix to two so I'm not gonna use the bass cab for home or party use ( even though I am VERY tempted) and I'm not gonna use these spaekers for playing.

So you see I want to make something that will hold it's own against my heavy weight ruler of the bass cabs.

And I'm just curious does anyone know what is like the "God" of all speakers in terms of power and bass?
Old 22nd September 2006, 10:31 PM   #203
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Oh my. 8 X 10"

I think I need a
Old 22nd September 2006, 11:13 PM   #204
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

Its obvious you need two labhorns....two 12" in fronthorns....and a mid/tweeter horn

Or maybe you only need a tougher driver...which might only be any good when driven hard

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=294-565

But if you are any bit serious, you maybe should do what Cal suggest...he may even advice you further....but as he says....do some listening first

You know...choosing the right drivers are the easy part of designing a very good speaker.....there is much more to it than that....not so simple
Old 22nd September 2006, 11:50 PM   #205
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

I have designed you a "hifi" like speaker with 95db sesitivity....which could have been develloped further.....if you need 100db PA speaker....not my kind of thing...wont recommend it ....and as thing stands at the moment.....I dare not recommend anything at all
Old 23rd September 2006, 12:11 AM   #206
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to joe carrow
Seriously, Punk... take a break and figure out exactly what you want. A lot of people have offered help, and this thread has stretched to extraordinary length.

One thing I know about engineering design is that a clear definition of the problem is of the utmost importance. If you can't boil it down to a set of requirements, you're never going to get a solution and nobody can help you. I haven't read this whole thread, mostly the first page and the stuff since the Blue project was linked. It really looks like you're giving us a moving target.
Old 23rd September 2006, 12:17 AM   #207
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to punkrokr1701 Send a message via MSN to punkrokr1701 Send a message via Yahoo to punkrokr1701
Ok, well, guys I'm going to sit back and find out exactly what I want and what drivers I'm going to use based on the last 5 or 6 pages of this thread, yes I know it's going on long but after I figure out my drivers and box size all get back to you guys.

Thanx.
Old 23rd September 2006, 12:46 AM   #208
diyAudio Member

Default Finally,

Ok here my choices

dual 18" Madison Dragons