Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th September 2006, 01:29 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to punkrokr1701 Send a message via MSN to punkrokr1701 Send a message via Yahoo to punkrokr1701
Default How should I wire my 1500 watt speakers?

Ok, I have just built a set of speaker cabinets and now I don't kno hoe to wire them because I need to wire six 8 ohm speakers together and my amp was only meant to handle 4 and 8 ohm loads.

So, how should I wire them?
Old 6th September 2006, 01:56 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default umm...

1) what speakers?

2) How are you crossing them over?

3) What was your cabinet design?
Old 6th September 2006, 06:53 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to noodle_snacks
three groups of two in series, placed in parallel shyould give an impedance of 5 1/3 ohms.
Old 6th September 2006, 08:17 AM   #4
diyAudio Moderator

Is this the same project as you discuss here?
Old 6th September 2006, 09:21 AM   #5
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Hi,
the guy does not listen.
Is he worth wasting time with?
Old 6th September 2006, 08:54 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to punkrokr1701 Send a message via MSN to punkrokr1701 Send a message via Yahoo to punkrokr1701
yes, tis is the same project I posted when I was trying to figure out exactly what to use as a croossover.

I was thinking about using a DJ crossover but I don't know if that'd work, plus I needed to figure out how I was gonna wire my speakers first. I like the idea with wiring three sets of two to give me 5 1/3 ohms.

And please stop criticizing me, I mean come on there was a time when you were 14 , and there was a time when you don't know what the hell a 100v 1.5uf capacitor was . So take it easy cause everything I post half the people in here have to criticize me for it.

I bust my *** out in the sun landscaping and doing oddball jobs to get the money to afford this and I come here looking for advice and alot of what I get is "no that's wrong" and "you can't do this" or "that's rediculous".

Now to the people who do replie without biting my head off,
Thank You.

But everyone else just cool off, ok?

FYI: I DO listen to what everyone says I take everything into consideration, but after a while the constant criticizing gets old.
I enjoy coming to these forums, but some people just have to insist on putting down my ideas.

I don't mean to attack anyone but it's seems like everything I post someone's gotta be critical towards me and I feel lime I'm constantly being tested.

P.S.
I still have no idea what a 100v 1'5uf capacitor is, I was just trying to make a point.

To everyoneout there who posted, thanx, even if you were telling me what I should and shouldn't do, I still enjoy the input.
Old 6th September 2006, 09:14 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I'd like to help, but I'm having a hard time getting through the attitude. And yeah, I was 14 once too.

But here's the deal - lots of people here are willing to help, but you still haven't answered how you've designed the box. At least not in this thread. We'll point you the way, heck, some people might even design something for you if you're polite, but...

I'll say it. Buying the speakers without any real plans for a crossover, and building a box without a plan is wrong, you shouldn't do it, and is maybe even ridiculous. People are telling you that 'cuz it's true. They're not biting your head off, they're telling you the truth, that you're wandering up a blind alley. Don't mistake people telling you things you don't want to hear as hostility - it isn't. This is one heck of a helpful group.

Question is - where do you want to go from here? Do you want to suck it up, learn from your mistakes, and do the best you can with what you've got? Maybe even sell what you've got and start over? (And it sounds like you've worked hard to get here.) Or do you want to vent and have all of us go away?

BTW, all of us have made mistakes.

Willing to help, but not willing to be abused,

cheesehead
Old 6th September 2006, 10:23 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

I didn't mean to have an attitude, sorry about that.
So like you said I'm gonna suck it up and leanr from my mistakes, the last thing I want is too have any kind of hostility, exspecailly in these forums.

But any way, I've posted this info about three in the forums, I forgot wher though, anyway here the speaker's I'm planning using, I actually haven't bought them yet, so if you know of anything that will be more well matched SPL wise but still about the same specs it would help me alot.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pdf/264-370.pdf

http://www.partsexpress.com/pdf/264-422s.pdf

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=270-055

Thanx. You guys rock.
Old 6th September 2006, 10:26 PM   #9
diyAudio Moderator

First things first. What do you want to achieve? Ignore specific drivers, boxes etc. Just tell us what you want the system to do.
Old 6th September 2006, 10:42 PM   #10
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Hi P,
I don't usually repeat myself, but we have a listener at last.
A success, maybe.

Think about Pink's Q. Then come back.

Q re bullet driver.
What does the 80W power handling mean?
The maximum system power using a passive crossover?
or
the actual power handling of the tweeter?

110Wpk seems quite high for a 100db/W driver?
or
is this normal for a bullet driver?

Hide this!Advertise here!