Need help with Technics TH-800 leaf tweeters.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HELLO!
YOU COULD BUY DIAPHRAGMS FOR TH 800 FROM QUADRAL FACTORY , BUT PROCEDURE IS TO SEND FAILED TWEETERS TO QUADRAL. THEY CHARGE 65 EURO PLUS TAX AND POSTAGE.
IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO BUY DIAPHRAGMS FROM QUADRAL AND MAKE OWN REPAIR. I AM STILL LOOKING FOR CHEAPER SOLUTION.

SANDI

Quadral membranes

Hi,
I have replaced membranes for my Vulkans and Shoguns few times in the past. Actually the membranes are the same for all tweeters (XX-1000,LT400,LT800). Quadral used to send me membranes only in the past (the first time I send them the entire tweeters for repair).
Recently I had an accident with one of my LT400 tweeters (during inspection and cleaning I broke the cable from the membrane and cannot be solded back...) so I contacted again quadral. In the beginning they refused to send me a new membrane but after copying them with past emails from the factory and with past transactions , they agreed to send me a membrane ....
But...now they charge 35 euros+VAT (from a total of 18 5-6 years ago) and ask for 35 euros shipping , a total of almost 80 euros...Sucks... So I decided to replace both tweeters with common ones. (for old speakers, it is not worth to pay so much to keep them running I believe, since you can find better quality - Kapton material - nowdays...
Good luck anyway

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.