Modelling altec 210 style throats in hornresp ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I've been playing with hornresp to model a midbass horn with 2 12" speakers in it. I want to do it a bit like the 210 throat, where the drivers are next to each other, and there is a rectangular throat going across both drivers - see pic -

When I do the throat size, do I have to subtract the area that the drivers dont cover (the space between the drivers) ?

Thanks,

Rob.

Attachments

• throat.jpg
    throat.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 103

GM

Joined 2003
Greets!

The horn's effective throat is its area, not the summed driver cutout area, which merely defines its CR, though in this case if you 'do the math' you'll find that most of Altec's VOT horns except some early short lived models all have a 1:1 CR based on their pre-T/S assumed effective piston areas.

GM

Thanks GM :cool:

edit - Have read before that the 210's are more waveguides than horns. I'm looking at nearer 2:1 CR I think. I'm hoping to design for 2 x jbl2020H on a ~100Hz short horn (around 65cm long) Throat 530 sqCM , mouth 5000 sqCM. For a 'garden party' type system.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.