He10.1 - Apt50/asd1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
APT50 is the right driver. See photo (top right).

Attachments

• screenshot7.jpg
    screenshot7.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 834
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I did a little search for you. HE10.1 (the well reviewed first one) used what it looks to me like Eminence APT50 as various pics of constructors show and had a 0.39mh coil in series before the tweeter. Although its plans may say ACD1.

Attachments

• screenshot8.jpg
    screenshot8.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 851

GM

Joined 2003
Greets!

It's my understanding that even the Mk I used an Adire spec APT50 since it's strictly PA sounding as is (its HF response sounds like shreading sheetmetal to me unless XO'd for top octave 'fill'), ergo its XO may not be 'close enough' either, so I recommend clearing this up with Adire before buying any parts.

GM

Greets!

Great! Until I found out it had disappeared from Adire's offerings, I was recommending it every time I felt it appropriate as the best bang/buck entry level HE system and those that got back to me were impressed enough to get 'bit' by the HE/coherent source 'bug', experimenting with more upscale systems as time/$$/space/SAF permitted. Great for HT too!

GM

The right tweeter

I just replaced my apt 50 tweeters, no matter where I crossed them over at, they sounded bad. I finally saw the new frequency response curve supplied by emenince, and it was nothing like the one that was available when I purchased them. No wonder they sounded so bad. I tested $2400.00 worth of tweeters before finding acceptable ones. Aurum Cantus G3Si ribbons were by far the best sounding that I have ever heard, but they couldn't handle they high SPL level I needed them for. Trying to find anything to compare to them hasn't happened, but the BMS 4540nd comes amazingly close. I would recommend them to anyone looking for high db tweeters and the Aurum cantus for everything else.;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.