Anyone here with AOS Studio 12?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Hard to argue with ultimate, certainly for a 5" 2 way the bass
/mid driver would be very hard to better at the bottom end.

However best performance/cost ratio is a different issue, as is the fact
they will be used in a 3-way where bass issues are not that relevant.

I'm not interested in the "best" or "ultimate", they generally are poor on value.
I'm a lot more interested in drivers with outstanding price/performance ratios.

:)/sreten.

Sreten, I agree with the bass thing - the 15W8530 has a very deep response for being used as a 3-way middle unit. AOS does offer a 250hz x-over & a BR sub for them in the german pages though.

The idea was actually to have a wide overlap between the sub <-> mid/hi for experimenting with an active XO. The mid/hi cabinet would be sealed, I think the 15W gives an f3 of about 85Hz?

The bass module would come in later. SS 26W8861 is looking good to me right now, though I wouldn't cross it higher than 250Hz or so. It seems to fall apart at 650Hz, huge impedance peak.

I've nothing against cheaper solutions myself. I just need an exteremly revealing system for my work (mastering) and a classic W-M-T seems to me like a road to experiment. DIY, because most of the things in my studio are DIY anyway, and I really lust after sealed cabinet bass with -3 at some 45-48Hz and -6 at some 30Hz-35Hz.

Oh, and I'm not that exited about aluminium/magnesium cones.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.