DIY JBL 2402H Ring Radiator Cabinets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm Not happy with the results. The shape of the enclosure doesn't look right and the finish doesn't match my L100s. I used Linseed oil and turpentine thinking it would be a match. I now wish I had finished them as I did the sub cabinets (stain & urethane). The shape looks goofy - doesn't compliment the L100. If I can come up with a better design I may try again.

Those of you familiar with the 2405 know it is about the finest HF driver extant! Worthy of it's own enclosure. Just wish I had done better. For the most part I'm happy with the quality of the build; just unhappy with the shape and finish.

I have a pair of 2402H and 2405. To be honest I can't hear a difference between the two. Guess the hearing isn't what it use to be! For this reason I'm using the 2402H radiators as they look more interesting!

Don

Attachments

• tweets1.jpg
    tweets1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 293
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.