Monacor SPH kevlar midranges

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
They does look very smooth
But SPH-165KEP seem to have a dip around 6khz but falls off smoothly, and with a moving mass at 17g it seems very likely, but definately an interesting driver
SPH-135KEP....what I doubt most is its rated sensitivity at 89db

Virtalahde said:
Vedo, thank you a lot! :cool:

I kinda suspected that.. The off-axis response isn't all that great and I wouldn't cross it higher than 2k5. It's a 6,5"driver , so a lower crossover point would be probably better anyway.

Is the T/S data measured by this magazine? The moving mass seems way off, 12g against the stated 17g?

Yes it is accurate, at least on the two 165KEP I got.
Fs is more around 45Hz than the stated 30Hz.
The response is smooth up to 5/6Khz with little breakup.

The only concern with this unit is that a high volume, there is an air leak around the plug, which makes some noise.

Maybe I can help with meas of 165kep.

TS a new driver:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Response:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

THD at 1kHz (meas of my speakers, crossover at 3kHz):

And my speakers:

Crossover point IMHO could be at 3kHz and below. It is a great driver, I think it is better than vifas 18cm xt/xg.
If you need I have meas of: 165c/cp, 130al and prapobly 200ke.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.