seas thor??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Scottmouse did 12 consecutive posts on Thor problems back in January -- running through March -- these stopped me in my tracks when I was going to build -- http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70862&highlight=

you should read this in conjunction with the thread which Bob Ellis cited.

I built a version with a rhombic prism 36 inches long -- the Dupont Centari auto paint just came in so we are working them over in the shop.

At the very least, if you build the original enclosure, remove all the stuffing from the last 10in of the line, which will get you a bit more bass weight, and closer to the original claimed performance. Still not exactly stella thoug, considering the drivers used. Of the lot, Small Thor would be my choice if you don't have space for a giant enclosure. If you do have the space, build one of the big cabinets and watch the local subwoofers run for cover.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.