Adding a pair of Jensen 302A tweeters to two way speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everybody,

I need help from an expert in building crossover of vintage speakers. Friend of mine built a pair of speakers using his own design cabinet and crossover with a JBL midrange LE5-2s and Stephen Trusonic 12R Full Range woofers (or JBL D131A). Those speakers were built for the Jensen coaxial two ways but added an extra midrange (hence two ways). I want to add a pair of Jensen RP302A tweeters to the speakers and connect directly to the binding posts. This is what happened most of sound came out from tweeters and midranges but less from woofers. Then I switched to connect parallel with woofers I can hear most of midrange and bass sounds but very little high from the tweeters.

What should I check and redo or add to the crossovers? Please send me your suggestions or opinions or advices I would appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.:bawling: :whazzat:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
You'll probably need an LPAD to use with these as well as the x-over cap as the RP302 is pretty efficient. One other thing to bear in mind is that these may be 16 ohm drivers, 16 ohm lpads are no longer available, however an 8 ohm lpad should work fine. (Worst case add a 16 ohm power resistor in parallel with the tweeter.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.