active crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
i woule like to build an active crossover or better called: protection!

I would like to protect my speakers form the ultra low frequency!
Therefore i need an active filter -24dB at 60Hz. I would like to install this filter on the input of my power amp.

The amp has got the following specs:
10 kOhm / 47 pF

Did anyone build this?

Greetings Barossi

Why you don't try a passive line level filter (2-nd order RC)? See there:

http://www.t-linespeakers.org/tech/filters/passiveHLxo.html

only for the high-pass branch. Your specs for the power input (10 kOhm / 47 pF) are perfect. Can use highest quality caps and res, nu power supply needed, no noise, highest dinamics, simple.
Can put all the parts in the power-amp box and activate on the need with a switch.

Usually the filter is at least second order to avoid early roll off of bass. If you mean 24 dB/octave at 60 Hz, that is fourth order. As noted on teh page linked to above, passive filters have an insertion loss that may cause problems. I prefer an active solution. It is easy to build an active filter.

I have a group buy of active filter boards and power supplies that closes on August 18th. The boards offer more features than you require, but you can just leave the parts you don't use empty. A single power supply will easily handle two boards needed for a stereo high pass filter.

Filter board WIKI

Active filter on my page includes a spreadsheet to calculate values Here

PSU page here

odering page

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.