Birch plywood finishing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am so sorry...I meant to say MINERAL SPIRITS. If a moderator is available please edit my previous post.

SveinB,
I have not used tea or wine to stain wood but ordinary stains(Minwax etc.) will work after the sealer is applied. End grain is always a problem; I try to apply one coat to the end and several to the rest of the cabinet to try and match these areas. I don't sand between stain coats. You also can mix your stain with the sealer. I prefer to apply the sealer until the wood will not accept any more, let it stand about ten minutes and wipe off the excess. This prevents heavy sap woods like pine from becoming blotchy when staining.

Again, I apologize for the error in my previous post.

Ray

Hi, Ray -

Unrelated, but I just noticed that your online name is the same as that of the actor who played 'Lieutenant Tragg' in the Old Perry Mason TV show.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.