bass section horn klipsh la scala

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi !
Thinking to realize a loudspeakers with a high efficiency, i have found in web, for bass section, a plan that it uses a reduced enclosure of the famous klipsh “la scala” for the employement with a 10” woofer driver.
The enclosure is small and usable in a living room, it is a cube less than 20” for side.
My doubt’s are on the intern chamber available for the sealed enclosure of woofer, because it is very small, approximately 20 liters.
My questions:
It’s possible that system works well ? relatively to the flat response and the reproduction of the lowest portion of frequency range ? even if the chamber volume is not calculated holding present T/S parameters of driver ?
I task to use a volume adds them as an empty and rectangular stand in order to extend the volume total within which the driver works.
Is correct my idea ?
Wich principles i could use in order to assure an optimal function of the loudspeaker system ?
Many thanks !
Giovanni:)

Attachments

• lascala10inch.pdf
    77.3 KB · Views: 191
It’s possible that system works well ? relatively to the flat response and the reproduction of the lowest portion of frequency range ?

The reason it might not work that well is that an original La Scala is already small enough. I wouldn't attempt to make an even smaller one. Do you already have a drawing of a "full size" La Scala (using a 15" driver) ?

Regarding the back-chamber: It is usually not dimensioned to give an fc equal the cutoff frequency. The original La Scala however is an exception. They use quite a high Qtc with an fc slightly below 100 Hz (IIRC) to boost the low end response of this smallish horn.

Regards

Charles

thanks for your attention

I listened La Scala original them 25 years ago and memory that sounded from God !
A similar enclosure is not usable in my living room, having found the plan that uses 10” driver i want to hope that someone has attempted in the construction and consequent it uses.
Me it seems to understand therefore that, the original loudspeaker them, uses the compression chamber and expansion horn in order to assure a rendering in the lowest frequencies.
Will try of the calculations with the parameters of the driver in order to see the hypothetical curve of answer, but task that, increasing the volume of job of driver the this will be sure more suitable.
Moreover the parameters of the woofer that I would have to use are not many goods, Fs 49,7 Hz Qts 0.82 Vas 42.5. (Focal polyglass 10V1).

Regards

Giovanni

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.