Newform ribbons + Dynaudio 20W75

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone here ever try getting the Newform R30/R45 ribbons and adding them to a Dynaudio woofer? Reason I ask is that I have a pair of 8 Ohm Dynaudio 20W75 8" drivers I got from a clearout at Solen that I was planning to build a speaker with but it's so hard to find a matching Dyn driver these days for midrange and a tweeter. I could use a Scanspeak Rev or Morel driver. But I'm inclined to try somehting a little different.

The response of my Dyn is fairly flat from 60Hz to just above 2kHz but there is a small rise starting at 600Hz extending to 900Hz. I know Newform doesn't recommend drivers larger than 6.5" but if I can use these that would save me a little cash. If not I'll have to sell them and just get some R630's. Is the Dyn 20W75 a fast enough woofer to keep up with the ribbons?

Anyone here have or have used the 830 that could give me some insight into the relationship between that 8" Peerless driver and the 30" ribbon?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.