any free TL tools?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
now that the following has happened:
1.) i backed up all files but the mathcad worksheets for TLs
2.) i no longer have mathcad (unless they have a free linux equivilent)
3.) the mathcad models cost an amount much higher then i want to spend for a small weekend project.

how can i design a TL?

it would be nice if the $25 cost was for a usable product with no other commercial dependencies. but $100+ for matchcad (or the slow/annoying retyping of your information for the free version) and $25 for the previously free design sheets. and it probably won't run on linux. not something i can afford/use.

The only thing that I have found is DosBox located here Download Site

Scroll down to DosBox and click on it to download. It is MSDOS based but runs fine in a DOS window on Win98. As long as you change the speed of sound number to a proper value and don't try to simulate a stuffed line (i.e. set stuffing density to "0") then it seems to agree fairly well with Martin's worksheet.

I thought about getting the mathcad sheet but I downloaded the free mathcad and the demo sheet and the results were a bunch of colored smears in the window so it apparently doesn't work on my machine.

mike

hmm, i had missed those. i might just try some of those equations out. maybe see if i can use the equations with some of the HFSS software we've got at the university. i'm not too confident though.

i've wondered why no TL boxes use tuning stubs, i might do some tests on this.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.