mutt clone in the works

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is my verison of the wilson puppies. I thing the standing waves are mostly dealed with. The baffle is kinda giving me hell. The bottom corner are curved,so I will have a sculptor finish it. Next I will cut the hole for the driver(seas1189 or the special buy MB Quart and a RS180)

Attachments

• p1010079[1].jpg
    p1010079[1].jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,363
I Have a choice of two finishes for the high-mid baffle.

1. Use faux leather

Or

2. painting the baffle. More of the baffle is edge

a. Do I seal with bondo (also use the fill screw holes?)
b. Water and glue
c. Use spray sealer
d. Use just spray paint, I have about 30 can of enamels
Different colors last 6 coats will be black

Since I got no reply for my last two posts, I assume one method has no advantage over another,

I going with the faux leather and the oval bracing. I came cross 10/$1 ceiling fan extend poles. I in the process of finishing stands for the Hi/Med enclosures.

Here is a picture

Attachments

• p1010004v.jpg
    p1010004v.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 543
homemade damping sheet

Added my homemade damping sheet today. It is TP4 (roofing material), butyl rubber, siliconized acrylic and eggcrate foam. I give the enclosure the “rap on the side test” with and without the damping material. Let’s just say the difference is very large. There is a much deader sound.

The TP4 is $54 a roll at Homedepot. You can also get scrapes from construction sites with office or warehouse construction…

If you can get pieces of TP4 for free, then the damping is cheap about 10ft for around $10 maybe less.

The butyl rubber and the siliconized acrylic can be found for $1 ea. The eggcrate can be found for $1 to $4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.