Active 2-way, best approach to x-over under 1k? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th July 2006, 03:05 PM   #1
Greggo is offline Greggo  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Active 2-way, best approach to x-over under 1k?

Getting ready to build an active 2-way speaker, based on this thread:

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/hu...es/110026.html

The author of the thread is using this inexpensive unit from pyle, and it just got me wondering what else is out there as I have not seen any other threads talking about anything other than ether the DEQX (in my future, just not yet..) or Behringer stuff. Is there anything ready to roll or offered as a kit that would be a solid step up from the pyle, or would that be as good as any for my pursuitsl?

Note: This P.Audio coax project is for my home studio, so it will do double duty as a mix monitor and instrument monitor. I am hoping for something nice and clean, but not worrying about getting into "audiophile" territory on this project, just want a really good bang for the buck and something at least good enough to tide me over for a year or two, at which point these would be keyboard monitors and I would build a top notch studio monitor for music mixing or just cranking some nice tunes in the basement studio...

Thanks for any help/ideas.

Greg Jensen
Old 13th July 2006, 03:09 PM   #2
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

I'm not sure what you're asking for. Do you want a suggestion for an active crossover kit or module? If so take a look at the ESP website, project 09.
Old 13th July 2006, 03:51 PM   #3
Greggo is offline Greggo  United States
diyAudio Member

Yes, thanks... that is an example of what I am looking for. That project looks pretty good and I will give it some further thought. I am such a newbie at this that it makes it hard to figure out the best starting point.

I am going to build an amp for the tweeters, and looking for simple projects in that department as well (I posted on the Pass forum, I should probably post on Solid State forum as well for some ideas/help. Anyways, I have some reading to do if I have to build anything... so maybe starting with the Pyle pro unit would be a good stop gap while I learn how to read schematics and use a sodering gun : )

Thanks,

Greg Jensen
Old 14th July 2006, 04:52 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Take a look at SL's boards for the DIY community.

There's a simple stereo 2-way board with delay for the tweeter and baffle step compensation, 2-way boards with amps for the Pluto, and Orion ASP for complex cross-overs up to 3-ways:

http://www.linkwitzlab.com/pcb.htm
http://www.linkwitzlab.com/Pluto/electronics.htm

Hide this!Advertise here!