Need help to choice Drivers for 3 Way System!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, guys, i want to build two 3-way Loudspeakers for listening music and another 2 Way system for my Front HT System. i really want to use the better speakers that i can, my budget is like 1000 U$S / Each speaker.

I want to cover full range of frequencies in my front speakers.

I will use an amp for each driver (so i will need like 8 channels for the fronts+center speakers.

i already have an 3 tweeters but are not 100% sure if i want to use it because are not so good (like others), so maybe i can resell it or just build another boxes for my surround speakers :)

btw, the tweeters that i have are Aurum Cantus G2Si maybe i can use it in my surround and purchase anothers for my front channels....

Thanks for your help in advance

Thanks too much! i really want to play with this tweeter! i really never hear it (and never hear an ribbon tweeter).

The best that i listen was an B&W 602 S2 :( is really not easy to find good hifi systems in my city, i need to drive 300km to buenos aires, there im sure i can goto listen good equipment.

btw, i just will play with this ribbons but i will order anothers 3 tweeters (dome ones) to play with it too.

All in Argentina are damn expensive and Hard to find, the only that i can get an good price are Polk Audio Loudspeakers. i really was thinking abt purchase any of these to change my old B&W 602 S2.

i was checking some kits in Madisound like the Thor, really looks nice, but the problem that i see that Thor works ok going down to 30hz. and for example Polk LSi 15 go down to 22Hz! :S

Are the polks one comparable with the thor ? The price of the kit in madisound are 1275.00 / Pair.

The polk have 88db and Thor 89db.

Sorry for ask that stupid question but i never heard Polk LSi or Thor

It's hard to make a matching center for the Acapella SE, but I would recommend to build something with the same drivers. Troels TJL (using W18E and G2Si) in a smaller closed box for center and surround could be ok. Just remember to keep the front panel width the same as it's with the original.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.