P-Audio in huge MLTL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Reading these posts of people doing Tannoy Autographs, Westminsters, etc. I got an idea of doing something simmilar but not in horn enclosure.
I found 2 interesting coaxials made by P-Audio:
BM12CXA
SN-12C

Has anyone heard these drivers? Are they worth trying?
My initial plan was to put them in MLTL
L=130cm
S0=SL=2.4Sd
r-port=8cm
Lport=4 cm

All criticsm appreciated

The SN- series was not too warmly received by Klang&Ton a while back iirc. I would recon anything with at least the BM-D440/450 tweeter on the back from P.Audio, though the 2" variants (BM-D750) have some issues on the very high end (the driver dives like a rock above 13kHz so EQ would be handy) though for stage monitor use they ahve the ability to rip your head off if called for.

P.Audio

I love the PA-D99 2 inch compession driver, one of the best available regardless of price

P150 and challenger 15" 600 works very well in horn loaded designs.

The BM750 (2" compression driver)is a good sounding unit for its price

Unfortunatly cannot remember the coaxial that I used. I suspect it was the 15CXA, 3.5k was dominant. Sounded very nice when equalised.

Overall I find that most of the bass drivers dont go down as deep as I like, but cinema does have a true source of sub bass recording that is not neccasary for live music reproduction.

Beware of the catalogue, the frequency graph is often for the wrong speaker!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.