Strange situation with Fane bass drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got a pair of Fane Collossus 15 XB rated 600w rms,i got them second hand for very cheap the pair £20 pair.I think they're blown
but now i'll definatly need 2 re-cones.

I tested them to a source that was definatly working,no sound at all.The cones move strangely don't move at all if you push them in,and move a lot if u push them out[by hand].
Stupidly i cut them open to see whether or not the voice coil has burnt out.The voice coil looks fine,except for orangey-brown grease smeared all over the pole pice,the coil is attached by silver braids,they are attached properly to the gold push terminals on the frame.The magnet is not damaged or warped in any way.WHY isn't there a sound out of the drivers,not even a whisper.I try a different driver my Eminence Beta 15 and the amp works fine and plays loudly.
1. do you know why it doesn't work.I think either the coils are corroded,the magnet has lost it's magnetic stength,or the tinsal leads are not making good connection.
2. Any way i'll have to re-cone them,but is it worth spending, lets say £50 recone when i only paid £20 pair for the drivers.

I would have thought that if the speakers makes no sound,that the coil look black,but i looks like fresh copper.
Please could someone tell me what is the problem with the drivers and how much a recone for the FANE COLLOSSUS 15 XB would cost for each driver,including vat.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.