Pioneer A30IR50-51F - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd July 2006, 11:57 AM   #1
amperex is offline amperex  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Pioneer A30IR50-51F

Anyone tried this new Pioneer 12" speaker? About nothing exists on the internet information wise. It is available from Parts Express.
Old 4th July 2006, 03:54 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default For an archive record.......

No info was available anywhere on the internet regarding sonics. I received a pair of these Pioneer speakers a few days ago. Passing audio thru a 125Hz first order filter & installing in a ported 2.7 cu ft enclosure I was impressed with the accurate & musical bass response. Better than vintage JBL D130s, Stevens TruSonic, new manufacture Peerless 10" XLS, new manufacture Eminence B102 and a few others, these are a bargain.

I would guess the Focal 13W series woofers may sound a little more refined, at $400+ per driver, these Pioneer woofers are a bargain at $63 each.
Old 8th July 2006, 10:39 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Amperex,
I'm glad I started looking through the speaker posts on this forum, I was beginning to despair on finding anything on the Pioneer woofers.

I have a pair of 'grand Heils' and need to find woofers in the 96/7dB range to use with them.

I did'nt want to use pro drivers and both the 12" & 15" pioneer woofers look good. I'd prefer to use paper but may yet settle on poly as they have a higher SPL.

I have been advised to use a dipole design and may well do that, though it would be simpler to use a single 15" woofer - I also intend using a Berhinger active x/over, to get a fix on the right values and then would like to construct a valve active x/over.

So (2) questions - does anyone have input on the Pioneer poly woofers and does anyone know where I can buy Pioneer woofers in Europe - I really don't fancy paying around the same price for freight from the States as I paid for the woofers.
Old 11th September 2006, 10:42 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

I do not know of any suppliers in Europe. I would contact Pioneer directly.

Hide this!Advertise here!