Golden Voice anyone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have been searching the net for months for a tidbit of info about a pair of speakers my uncle gave me a while back.The drivers are all stamped with Golden Voice on the back of the alnico magnets.The enclosure is gone when I recieved them they were just mounted to a baffle board.My uncle had spotted them sticking out of someones trash can just as the garbage collectors were a few houses away.
They are 10" woofers 4" mids and 3.5" tweeters.The tweeters are also 100ohm units.
The only numbering is on the woofers, 50D60191B01.
Speculations and opinions are welcome to hear also as of right now I'm in the dark so to speak other than that they do sound nice with only a few watts on them.

After digging around in an antiques audio forum I found a reference to an old motorola console stereo with L and R plus center woofer,3 amps.The people on the forum who appeared to be mostly antique audio collectors dubbed the woofer used in these consoles as golden voices.Maybe what I have are some old motorola units?

The speakers are stamped golden voice.

The console was working when I started to gut it, but I was listening with my ipod hooked up to the tape input while i was working and i think i smoked something.

Anyhow, it wasn't my intention to keep the tube gear inside but to use it to house the gear i listen to now and store some records.

tryonziess said:
and the paper cones were still intact. that is unusual. a lot of the earlier speakers used cornstarch glue and insects would eat the cones.

Still intact and now sitting in my basement. Thread special: anyone who wants these is more than welcome to come over and pick them up. Yeah, free. I'm upgrading my family, and I'm never going to use them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.