Another Newbie asks: How do I build the crossover?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,
I am in the middle of building the ProAc Response 2.5s. I know wood working; but I have NO electronics experience.
How do I build the crossover?
I have the schematic and the bill of materials.
Is there a website or thread offering a primer for a novice on how to put it all together?
Thanks for your help.

Don't worry, this is really simple. Can you read a schematic? A crossover schematic is usually simple. You can put your parts on a small particle board in the same way they are written on the schematic. Attach the wire together and put some solder.

Other things to should consider:
You have to change the orientation of the inductor (a lot of people forget that). Each inductor must be orthogonal to each other. See figure 8.1 of the following article.

You can read this: http://sound.westhost.com/lr-passive.htm

good luck

Nice picture of a bad components placement. All the inductors are in the same plane.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Haha...ya thats crazy! Looks like they wanted it to look good though. BTW, how do you guys feel about encasing the crossover in resin or glue or something after you finish it? Do most of you just leave it zip tied like that incase something happens later down the road?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.