Finally Finished my RS Towers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's been a while, but I finally finished my RS towers and wish to share a few pics with you guys. Between the new job, the new house and all the associated stress, woodwork has been my savior. All the drivers are from Dayton, except for the Seas H1212 tweeters which were purchased from Madisound. Here's the summary:

MTMs with RS180 midwoofers wired in parallel and Seas H1212 tweeters, crossed at 1,800Hz, LR4, Zobel network, 3 dB BSC, in vented 1.1 cu ft boxes. The subs each are in 1.6 cu. ft boxes tuned with a 12" Dayton DVC passive radiator with an additional 255g mass, resulting in a F3 around 25Hz. Power is supplied by dual PE 300W BASH amplifiers. Total height is 54 inches, and weight is approximately 46 tons each (seems that way!). Once the whole thing is lugged upstairs to the home theater room, the MTMs will be glued to the top of the subs.

The MTMs, front and back of the subs are wrapped in red oak veneer, and stained with 6 coats of Minwax Ebony. The sides of the subs are real red oak wood glued on top of the MDF, and stained with another six coats of Minwax Sedona Red. Both the Ebony and red stains are purposedly left dull to prevent reflections from the movie screen. I really like the contrast between the black and red. The cabinets are far from perfect, but to think that a year and a half ago, I didn't know which end of the router to hold...

How does it sound? Awsome, but you guys knew that about the Dayton drivers.

More pics on my website...

Hong

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your total cost on the system (wood, drivers, etc)?

Hi there,

I don't mind at all, but it'll take me time to put all the expenses together. I function most of the time in denial when I build speakers, that way, I don't have regrets. Sort of a coping mechanism... And since most of the components can be found on PE, you can sort of guess the cost.

Hong

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.