|28th June 2006, 09:42 PM||#12|
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Gulf Coast
Blog Entries: 4
Hello Mr. Inline Skates.
I wondered if you ever got anything made. Maybe not?
From looking at the photos of the other backpack systems, they are all using car speakers and amps.
That would be the easiest way for you to do it.
There will be better ways to do it, for sound quality, but a simple system based on automotive sound parts will be easy and not too expensive. And will work just fine. You’ll have fun!
So, you will need:
1) The backpack. You'll have to build it. Look at your photos as a guide. Rigid and light is what you want.
2) A battery. You will need a 12 volt "Sealed Lead Acid" battery. I don't know what they are called in Portugal, but you should find one easily. In Lisbon there should be many battery makers who can supply you. Electronic supply stores will also have them.
3) A battery charger. Buy it with your battery. It will be small.
4) An amplifier. Buy an amp made for car use. 2 channels are all you need for stereo. It should have RCA plugs so that you can connect your iPod.
5) Speakers. There are plenty of car speakers to choose from. That's the hard part! The oval shaped 6x9" speakers could work well for you. You will see some of those in the photos. Otherwise don't go larger than an 8" or 200mm diameter speaker.
That should get you started.
Take the Speaker Voltage Test!
|1st July 2006, 05:41 PM||#13|
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: chico CA
Way to go this is what Im talking about!!
I would go with Neodynium pro audio drivers.
Go mono and save yourself some trouble,to be honest you wont hear if its stereo from a few feet away if you place the L and R speakers this close. Maybe one 12" and a few piezos or a better driver on top.
Heck,for a fun surround effect mount the tweeters on flexible poles sticking out on top of the backpack. Maybe not hifi but real fun to have some tweeters flying around in the air.
Car amps and motorcycle batteries or whatever you can afford are the way to go.Many times they can be bridged and deliver more juice for less pounds.
thanks for reading.
H.Honda Chico CA Land of the fooled
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Speaker Backpack Design||chuckbronson||Multi-Way||4||18th December 2008 05:18 PM|
|portable backpack sound system||jeebus||Multi-Way||8||3rd August 2005 06:58 AM|
|New sound system||djfatben||Multi-Way||16||17th December 2004 08:41 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|