Impedance Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
10 Inch Sub

I was asked to find the Thielle Small parameters and properties of a subwoofer for a friend of mine. All I need is the frequency response. The parameters I have found so far are listed below. I can set up and do a near field frequency response measurement but if I could just calc it somehow it would make my life easier.

Fs(Hz) = 33.79
Qms = 5.2537
Qes=.4616
Qts=.4883
Vas(ft^3)=.83
Bl(N/A)=7.82
Efficiency(%)=.09
Rvc(Ohms)=1.79
Le(uH)=652.19
Xmax(In) Peak to Peak = 1.17
Sensitivity 85 db@1w/1m
SdIn^2) = 51.84
Vd(ft^3) = .035
Inverted Cone Volume(ft^3) = .047
Magnet and Cone Volume(ft^3) = .092
Mounting hole ID 9-1/4(In)
Mounting depth 8 inches (In)
Continuous power 500 watts RMS
80 oz double stacked magnets

fs is an indication. get WinISD(free!) and check how it performs, you will have cabin gain to add to the low end. This looks like a car sub that is not optimized for sealed or ported specifically.

F3 is when output power has dropped down to half and it used most often

The Sub

The manufacture actually handed these to me and said tell what they can do. Can you find the parameters? Should we put them in production and so I am playing with them. It is a car sub. That massive Xmax is killing my port lengths. The minimum port diameter is calculated at 7.2 inches and is super long in a SBB4 or QB3. The Vb is .7 ft^3 in a SBB4 but The vents are super long. I am trying to talk the manufacture into making me some passive radiators for them. You could build a good sub in a small package with a PR instead of a port. I have looked at other manufactures making similar subs but the boxes are over twice the volume I would use and the ports are not quite as large in diameter as what I calc but I suspect the large volume and shorter diameter ports are just to keep box size down. It appears to be the trend these days. I am actually writing the owners manual for them and I am done except the frequency response.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.