optimus pro-x88av crossover mod...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello all,

i have a pair of optimus pro-x88av book shelf speakers and im going to be doing a crossover mod too. i got a ruff draft schematic so far and i would like to run it by you good ppl to get an opinion about it. potential improvements and such.

the original X-over is just a 2-way 6db coil/cap, all 6ohm. this is my first real design that i want to do and this is going to be a big learning experience for me. so any opinions on the design would be great.

fyi: i plan to buy the parts some time this weekend or next week.

thanks for the replys...

Attachments

• pro-x88av_xover.jpg
    pro-x88av_xover.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 225
i was doing more reading and i can see why one would zobel the mid/woofer and not the tweeter. i did change my design and order the parts for a basic 12db 2-way.

one thing i am considering is to replace the mid/woof with a much better one and doing a 12db zobel on the mid and an 18db in the tweet, and then tune it out from there. im also looking at coating the inside in the enclosure with a dampening material and then stuffing the cab's this with a poly fill. i just have not decided on what to replace the mid's with yet. that's another topic.

so what do you all think? oh and incase your all wondering, these are cast aluminum enclosures, cant get more solid than that and still be lite...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.