tweeters interchangeable?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys.

I'm currently in the process of getting together everything I need to make my first set of speakers. Just one problem (so far...). I'm building them based on a design found on the internet (www.audioreview.com/learncrx.aspx), and the problem is that I can't find the peerless tweeters (model: 812687) the design says to use for any price anywhere around where I live. I can easily, however, obtain the peerless model: 811827 tweeter. My question is, can I just use the later instead of the former and still get decent results? Does the overall design and result depend that critically on which tweeter is used? I've looked at the T/S parameters for each, and they do vary significantly in some parameter values, but I'm not sure of how badly each would affect the end product.

Cheers,
Craig.

T/S parameters aren't particularly relevant for a tweeter. If the impedance curve, sensitivity, and frequency response are similar, you can probably substitute- at some performance cost. If not...

Have you tried contacting Peerless directly to get pointed toward a source for the correct tweeter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.