My ProAc Response 2.5 clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just finished them yesterday, they sound great with life and richness open and blance.
Lot's of thanks to Al M.
Also thanks to all the people how wrote about this speaker and make me decide to build them.
I built this XO without the notch filter.
XO

Attachments

• box010.jpg
    box010.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,148
Great work!

What I have learnt from the past a few weeks was that a tiny change of the value of the inductors and resistors can have a significant impact on the sound.

I could not believe how from Speaker Workshop it shows only 0.1 - 0.2dB difference in the region from 1k to 8k the ears can tell very clearly. It is probably not obvious with rock music but with classical music or very fine female vocals / voices a 0.02 ohm difference in a resistor could make the instrument or voice dull or sensational.

You can try buying a few of 0.22, 0.33, 0.39 resistors and add / substract from your resistors and see if they improve the sound.

Regards,
Bill

I like ProAc 2.5 too,
Can you share the 2.5 clone design (because there are many ProAc 2.5 design) with me (crossover, cabinet...)
Thank you so much

tald said:
Just finished them yesterday, they sound great with life and richness open and blance.
Lot's of thanks to Al M.
Also thanks to all the people how wrote about this speaker and make me decide to build them.
I built this XO without the notch filter.
XO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.