ultimate budget speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just wondering if there was a floorstanding speaker design, that is relativly cheap, relatively compact, but with pants wetting dynamics and imaging....

am i asking too much?

:D

(can i use my FR125S as a part of it?) :D

i listen to blues, country, indie, classic rock and easy listening.

ok,

cheap as in £50 each for the drivers.

my room is 9"x15" but i will be getting a bigger room next year.

i have a sub, so i only need a F3 of around 50-55Hz.

no bigger than 3ft tall and either (thin and deep) or (wide and thin).

i would like to use my FR125S if i can as i allready have 2, say for the midrange.

yeah, but they all use the Fr125s as a full range, i want to add a bigger woofer to take the strain of them.
I like the Raw Acoustics ones, but i want to design my own and i can not afford an extremis, unless there is not a good alternative thats cheaper, and i will save up.

i love the idea of 4 either side which would look cool, but i cant afford £300 for 6, i have read a lot of the Bipole designs but i dont have enough room behind for that, so what about just two firing front both running full range?

although it would be sealed, from the calculations on WinISD, i think i want a little more bass, F3 around the 55-60Hz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.