I need to design a crossover.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am about to undertake my first DIY home speaker project and am looking for a crossover program that will give me the values I need to start with. I grew up in the late 80's and early 90's installing high end car audio and have the woodworking tools and skills, I just don't know where to go to get the starting crossover values. I will try WINISD PRO to model the enclosure, unless someone has a better idea. The enclosure will be styled after the Coincident Super Eclipse with the (2)woofers on one side of the cabinet, and the MTM at the top of the front baffle. With this design you can swap them left to right to change the woofer orientation to adjust for room gain. It also maintains a narrow front baffle, which I'm told will give better imaging. The mids and woofers are 8ohm drivers. Each group willl be run in series (16 ohms) to maintain a load friendly (13-14 ohms) to my Atm-Sphere M60 Mk3's. I chose these speaker becasue the printed data shows that they will play an octave above and below the crossover frequencies in my original design (300 & 2K). I am hoping to be able to use minimum parts of the finest quality in a simple 1st order crossover. Here is a list of the Seas drivers I plan to use from Madisound.

Woofers - CA22RNX (H1288) 8" Coated Paper Cone $63.45 ea.

Midranges - MCA15RCY (H1262) 5.5" Coated Paper Midrange $51.55 ea.

Tweeters - 27TDFC (H1189) Textile dome $30.80 ea.

For about $500. in drivers, I think this combination should do a very nice job. If anyone has recommendations or adjustments, I am wide open. I will be do some resaearch for the next couple of evenings on mics, mic preamps, and measurement programs to handle the tweaking. Please include any input you may have about measurement equipment. Your reply will be welcome.

Thanks for reading my post. James

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I will recommend this and as you plan to do some measurements it should be easy to find the right values....this filter is easy to tweek

Attachments

• 3 -way.png
    3 -way.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 314
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.