Anyone try cloning Kharmas?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Polkymon,

Your new speakers looks great :cool:

I've just finished a project using the h1262 midrange and the h1212 tweeter and to me it sounds awesome- voices in particluar sound very natural on those midranges. I used a pair of scanspeak 8555 8" woofers i found on ebay though.

Would love to see your crossover to "compare notes" having just read Troels Graveson's "wide baffle" project page and seeing that my crossover looks pretty similar to his :)

What frequencies have you crossed at?

cheers, Matto

polkymon said:

Second time I've used the 15RCY.

I'm still tuning the bass but I'm also considering an aluminum woofer. If I would do it again I'd probably use 2 8" woofers or allow space for a single 10".

I don't think an alu sub will look that good in your speakers. Maybe a paper cone? The H1192 or H1288 would match the 15RCY as far as looks go.

lufbramatt said:
Hi Polkymon,

Your new speakers looks great :cool:

I've just finished a project using the h1262 midrange and the h1212 tweeter and to me it sounds awesome- voices in particluar sound very natural on those midranges. I used a pair of scanspeak 8555 8" woofers i found on ebay though.

Would love to see your crossover to "compare notes" having just read Troels Graveson's "wide baffle" project page and seeing that my crossover looks pretty similar to his :)

What frequencies have you crossed at?

cheers, Matto

I am happy with the tweeter for the most part although it can be harsh at times. I still like the Usher better. Any suggestions on using felt or? around the tweeter?

Xovers at 220 and 2500hz.

Attachments

• kharma xover.jpg
    kharma xover.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 290
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.