Silly's First Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Damn that hurts.

I was getting a high (sorta) from reading about how (justifiably) proud you are of them.

Then the 'finger' incident.

A method I have used on a paper tweeter is;
drill or 'poke' a tiny hole in the center of the dust cap with say a needle.
Then using a bent piece of wire you can slowly massage or pull the 'dint' out.
If you want to you can then seal the hole with the tiniest drop of glue or silicon.

I have heard of people using a vacuum cleaner, but unless you have really good control I can see that ending in tears.

Could also look at replacing the dust caps.
Should be cheap enough to do.

Originally posted by Sillyboy
like your 3 year old son... mostly. Until he pokes his finger into the drivers....

...Other advice (i mean, other than selling the kid) appreciated.

:bawling:

Nice thread. I know the feeling. If you ask the boy, he'll tell you that they're made to be pushed in, else they would not have "please push me" written all over them ;) . I'm an expert at this by now. I use the vacuum cleaner with attachments removed (i.e., the end of the solid pipe) to pull out the indented dust cap. If you fear that the vacuum might be too strong, then use the little vacuum reducing flap/panel that some have (opens to cause a vacuum leak) and increase the vacuum until it just about manages to suck it out.

The best cure is to add grilles.

Sillyboy said:
I have to say... the gentle <pop> sound as I sucked w/ vigor through a toilet paper roll tube... strangely satisfying :)

They actually popped out pretty easy. They still look rather... wrinkly, but at least they rarely make me cry now.

Those are speakers you cherish for years to come. When he is grown and gone, you will have a momento to remind HIM as he goes through the same trials of his own children.

And every time he gives you a hard time, you can always point to them, and not have to say a word. Don't ever get rid of them,......unless you "loan" them to him when he goes to college.

;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.