waveguide on planar tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did a quick and dirty experiment using the Monsoon planar drivers, which are rather similar to the Neo 8's. The flare was close to oblate spheroidal, but only in one dimension. I just a flat top and bottom at about a 30-degree angle from hoizontal.

It worked really well, IMHO. I posted a preliminary measurement over on the HTGuide forum here http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?p=164906#post164906

I'm currently experimenting with a more conventional waveguide setup, but if that doesn't pan out I'll likely return to the planar approach to see how far it can be pushed. I'm not sure how to meld a tweeter into it, and the planars themselves may not go low enough to mate well with a direct radiator - those are the two main reasons I put the effort on the back-burner.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.