Really weird company???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I was just surfing the net when this company caught my eye. They are apparently brand new.

http://www.auzen.com/home.php

They use all dayton drivers in their speaker.

Has anyone heard of this company. I find it very intriguing that they try to give off the impression of having nothing to hide.

Their speakers seem to have the retail markup ratio applied concerning the drivers.

Any thoughts opinions on this company?

I don't see anything wrong with giving an honest approach. The mark-up is kind of high, but then again look at the time and money involved bringing a product to market.

I've slapped together several systems in the past year without detailed testing (getting started on that now). And I get a couple of requests a week for me to build systems for their homes. For me it's just another hobby amoung many, but I am getting closer and closer to turning this hobby into a part time business, why work for free. Plus with all the money tied up in test equipment and tools, I could at least get a tax break for my investments.

yeah thats a pretty good markup if you ask me, but we DIY for a reason(because its fun, we learn things, and ITS CHEAPER!)

I think if I were to put out a commercial offering of similar size/price I'd be using an extremis midwoofer instead of the dayton. People would be much more impressed by a 6" with a 30hz f3 in room than a 7" that has a huge dip at 40hz

I don't mean to attack Adire, but how stable is the supply of Extremises? Extremii? The Extremis?

I agree that more bass would be more impressive, but if you want to start a new product you are gambling your whole supply chain on parts availability. If you have to substitute some crossover parts or the glue in the cabinet due to temporary shortages, the consumer won't know or care.

Ignoring any sonic advantages or disadvantages, I think basing their product on the new dayton drivers was a fairly sound choice.

What I'm really interested in hearing is- how do people who have heard a lot of commercial designs think that a Dayton RS two-way stacks up in the open market?

I'm sure if you buy large lots of drivers adire would be sure to satisfy;)

I dont think toooo many people base their purchase on availability alone. Look at AEspeakers, they seem to be doing well although I hear about long waits for hand made drivers. If you build a quality product I think people will wait. Besides I havent seen the extremises on backorder since they've came out. Even when adire stopped selling its other lines the extremises were still out there.

Why is it when someone else gets off their duff and actually does something other folks have nothing better to do than to critisize them? If these speakers sound good then let the marketplace decide. I know you guys doing the critisizing aren't going to go buy them, or any other "factory made" speakers because anything you want you will build yourselves, so give the poor guy a break!

As for 30 Hz from a 6" driver? How is something that is totally inaudible going to impress people more than 40 Hz that is audible from a 7" driver? Bookshelf speakers aren't expected to rumble the room in the bottom registers. The laws of physics continue to apply despite marketing expectations. Gimme a break.

I've actually emailed the guys running Auzen, and they use thick foamboard on the front baffle to minimize tweeter diffraction, which I think is very innovative. I've built ModulaMT's (by Jon at htguide.com) which use the same drivers and should sound very similar, except they use a 1400Hz xover point instead of 1800Hz of the ModulaMT, which I think is a good practice since the RS180 becomes muddy up high (like >1600Hz? somewhere around there). Not sure why, the RS180 still tests pretty well up high, but you can hear that it begins to have problems if crossed over high.

As far as bookshelves are concerned, the RS180 gives awesome bass. My ModulaMT can do 40Hz cleanly. I would say in a 2-way it's overall better choice to use than the Seas Excel W18EX, since the RS180 does lower midrange and bass much better, and its midrange is almost as good.

I wouldn't use an Extremis except for bass. Their midrange sounds cold and lifeless to me, I don't care how deep they can go!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.