crossovers for dummies?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Try:

Circuit Theory and Techniques Vol. 1 and 2
by Hans Goodman
Publisher: Brisbane: Wiley, 1985-1986

ISBN 0471334006 (vol. 1)
ISBN 0471334057 (vol. 2)
ISBN 0471334049 (set)

I found both to be one of the best set of introductory books on electronics. The chapters have enough examples for every theory presented and the chapters themselves are not at all math-intensive [HS math is enough]. But for curious readers, the derivations are included in Appendixes.

The first few chapters deal with the basics of circuit theory and analysis. The succeeding chapters uses those basic theories to explain circuit behaviour comprising resistors, inductors or capacitors and combinations of the three. Then resonance is introduced before the basics of filters (or crossovers). The remaining chapters are about 3-Phase circuits, Transmission Lines, 2-Port Networks and so on, which you might find interesting as well :)

I don't know if there is another Brisbane in the world, but if you're from Brisbane, AU, I'm pretty sure your local public library will have copies of both (as I first found out about the two in our local public library). Try a nearby TAFE college as well since the author was once (or is still) a TAFE instructor if memory serves me well.

hth :)
Isaac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.