mdf weight

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Tempest that I'd like to build a box for, and looking at Adire's plans for vented boxes, I've chosen the Adire Alignment Design, its 214L, and 22x22x33.5", also with internal braces. My question is how much is this cabinet going to weigh, using 3/4 MDF? Anyone know the weight of 1 cubic inch of MDF? that'd help me out a lot.

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
jeffm said:
I have a Tempest that I'd like to build a box for, and looking at Adire's plans for vented boxes, I've chosen the Adire Alignment Design, its 214L, and 22x22x33.5", also with internal braces. My question is how much is this cabinet going to weigh, using 3/4 MDF? Anyone know the weight of 1 cubic inch of MDF? that'd help me out a lot.

I built the EBS ported tempest from Adire's plans, and it must weigh 200lbs or so. It was made out of 3/4" baltic birch plywood and covered in 1/4" baltic birch plywood. It is a beast. I am dreading moving.

--
Brian
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.