Angled Center Channel?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm in the final stages of a center Channel I'm building.
Uses 2 Vifa TC11MG-07 and two Linaeum ribbons.(Yes the omni directional Shack ones.)The speaker will be sitting ontop of a 46" projection Tv that is rather high(5 ft easy)as there is no other place.

I was wondering instead of putting on the flat sides should I make an angled design where say the speaker is at maybe 10-45 deg angle?

I couldn't see the Linaeums being a big issue with this or would they?But I'd think the mids would.Any thoughts on this?

This is what I'm talking about in the drawing(If you can call it that.)An TTMM Linaeums are stacked one on the other.

Attachments

• center1.jpg
    center1.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 134
Hmm I've been listening to this all day and I think (Not to toot my own horn as it were)this is a very intelligble center..Sounds really clear and dialouge is crystal.

I think these Linaeums stacked one on the other work pretty well.Anyone ever stack the dipole Linaeums and do some measurements?Or even side by side?

One reason for the stack is one is just not enough(82db sensitivity?I think) to match the 2 VIfa mids.I've had the Linaeums for years never used them cause no matter the driver they sounded a bit anemic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.