Ringing midrange

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How to tweek a crossover to suppress ringing tones in the 400 to 800 HZ. My speaker is a 3 way 2nd order xover at 250 and 2500 Hz. components are SS 2905/9500 Tweeter, Vifa PL 14 Mid and SS 8555-00 bass, I've tried to change the mid driver with focal W 4211 or SS Kevlar but it only made it worse , especially the voices and the higher piano notes . I'm a beginner really in need of advise . The software I use is Xover Pro !
Thanks
JP Haggar

Attachments

• xover 2nd order diy 1.jpeg
    xover 2nd order diy 1.jpeg
    16 KB · Views: 228
I looked at Xover Pro's web page and as far as I can tell, it does not incorporate the measured frequency response of the drivers. This is referred to as a 'feature'. In fact, this limitation (if I didn't misread the page) will not recognise cone breakup and as you're no doubt aware, cone breakup is a larger issue in crossover design.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Sorry to reply so fast again - you refer to ringing as being in the 400 to 800hz region - so I suspect you hear it on saxofone low midvoice and deeper strings on violins etc. - if so I am almost certain it is a crossover malfunktion - maybe phase problems - the lowest crossover point is very difficult to get right.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.