Mission 752 Freedom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, had these for a good few years but recently the treble has become a bit splashy. Am gonna check the crossover components & upgrade them. Anybody know the crossover frequency or the Xover order or got the Xover circuit diagram? Anybody modded these, maybe changed tweeter / mid bass driver?
Cheers!

Hi Sam,

I can't help with details, but I think this was one of missions best designs. I wouldn't change the aerogel bass/mid, 'cos this is the reason it sounds so good in the first place!

If you look at the crossover you should find values for the tweeter cap(s) printed on them, and IMO this is where you should start modding.
Slight changes to padding resistor values could shift the balance more in line with your tastes, if necessary.

More wholesale XO changes may bring benefits, but you'd need decent measuring facilities to guarantee real improvements.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.